What’s cooking in the NSS kitchen?
Whether it’s a sweet treat or a hearty dinner, getting into the kitchen is a great way to be creative, learn new skills, and most importantly – have fun! Here's the latest dish we created in the NSS kitchen.
Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
Serving size: 4 to 6
• 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
• 1 green capsicum, cut into chunks
• 2 zucchinis, cut into chunks
• 12 small whole mushrooms, halved
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
• 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 12 bamboo skewers
1. Put the skewers in a jug of water for about an hour – this stops the food from sticking to them.
2. Place the veggies and chicken on a large tray and pour over the olive oil.
3. Add the salt and pepper.
4. Mix everything together really well. Then, cover the tray and put it in the fridge until the skewers are ready.
5. When you put the skewers together, make sure you alternate the chicken with different veggies.
6. When they are ready to cook, preheat a grill to a medium heat. Lightly grease the grill grates, then add the skewers.
7. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side, then turn them over and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove them from the grill and serve with a green salad.
We hope you enjoy them!
To open, read and print PDF files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the Adobe website.