Superstars - Disability Support
Various Positions Available
Are you looking to enter the disability sector? Are you an experienced Support Worker?
NSS currently has various opportunities available across many programs and departments including shared supported accommodation, independent living support, and short term accommodation to name a few. We are looking for committed, empathetic, passionate Disability Support Workers who have a genuine desire to assist and support clients. If you are available to deliver a flexible, high quality service and feel passionate about making a difference, these opportunities may be for you.
To provide support to our clients in a variety of settings that will maximise client's participation and decision making. You will assist our clients to enhance their independence and assist in facilitating their social, recreational and economic participation in the community. If you like cooking, art, craft, social outings, going to the movies, playing an instrument, then why not share your interest with our clients who love to learn how to cook, paint, make movies or play musical instruments.
To be successful, you must have:
- The ability to develop strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Knowledge and commitment to the philosophical principles of service delivery in the disability field and a demonstrated understanding of applying these principles to daily work practices
- The ability to work with limited supervision and solve problems as they arise
- Highly developed communication skills
- Current First Aid level 2 Certificate and CPR
- National Police Check (less than 6 months old)
- Working with Children Check
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience in working with people with challenging behaviours, intellectual disabilities and autism
- Knowledge of the NDIS
- Current Drivers Licence
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent qualification
Please also note that as part of NSS’s safety screening process, your name will be checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL), maintained by the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Unit (DWESU) of DHHS.
How to apply:
If the above position interests you, and you are able to satisfy the selection criteria, we would like to hear from you. Please direct any enquiries to our HR Manager, Nadja Krueger by calling 9486 5077.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Process Mapping Officer
About the role
Based at our Union Street site, a newly created four month, fixed term, full-time role has become available for an enthusiastic process mapping specialist. Working closely with the Risk & Quality Manager, this role will require liaison between departments across NSS to ascertain what processes are currently in place and if they meet compliance either set by DHHS and NDIA, and how they meet NSS business requirements at a local level.
- Generate together in consultation with management, a coherent roadmap of NSS processes
- Review and update existing roadmaps
- Identify gaps between current processes, compliance and NSS business requirements
- Articulate and recommend proposed improvements
To be successful
- Previous experience in process mapping (essential)
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience in the disability services industry (desirable but not essential)
- Competent understanding of disability services and/or NDIS such as evidence requirements and quality standards
- Good understanding and experience using MS Office Word
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to draw out key information from stakeholders and breaking down information
- Strong written and analytic skills
- The ability to research and source best practice and compliance
- The ability to hit the ground running and being flexible
In return we offer a competitive salary, salary packaging, exceptional employee benefits, attractive work conditions, and an amazing work place culture.
To apply: If this position is what you are looking for and you believe you can satisfy the selection criteria, we would like to hear from you. Please direct any enquiries to HR Manager, Nadja Krueger by telephoning 9403 6958. To apply please send a copy of your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights should apply. Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. NSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
To open, read and print PDF files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the Adobe website.