Partners & Sponsors
NSS enjoys many partnerships with a wide range of community organisations and service providers including:
- Community Arts Network (CAN) – a partnership with local government, which uses art as a medium to engage with members of our local community.
- Sprout – partnership with Richmond Fellowship that uses gardening as a medium to engage people with early onset of mental illness, using a community garden to reintegrate them back into the community.
- Richmond Fellowship – executive members of staff work in partnership with the Richmond Fellowship on a variety of common interest issues.
- Merri Creek Regeneration – a group of people with an intellectual disability have, for the past 10 years, volunteered with other members of the community to regenerating a part of Merri Creek.
- Darebin Housing Advisory Board – our Accommodation Options Officer sits on this board with members of other organisations and council members.
- Outlook Environmental and Darebin Council - we support people with a disability with vocational education in an integrated setting at Darebin Recovery and Resource Centre.
- Adopt a Station – NSS received funding under the Adopt a Station project. This project will use art as a medium to engage the local community in partnership with people with a disability in rejuvenating Merri Railway Station.
- Yarra Council, Carlton Baths – NSS assisted Carlton Baths when developing their disability access plan and now we run recreation programs for people with a disability in partnership with them.
- Neighbourhood Houses – in partnership with local Neighbourhood Houses we have a number of integrated recreation programs running in the local area.
- Art Exhibitions – NSS has its own art studio and NSS artists with disabilities are well known for the high standard of art they produce. They regularly exhibit their work at Bundoora Homestead, local cafés and exhibition spaces. Recently a number of our artists with a disability exhibited work at Federation Square in a joint project with Arts Project and State Trustees.
- DHS – our prominent funding body.
- Regional Accommodation Network – non-government organisations that are funded for community residential units meet regularly to discuss common issues etc.
- Day Program Network – non-government day program services meet regularly to discuss common issues etc.
- Senior Citizens – people from our Options for Older Persons programs are members of the local Senior Citizen groups and attend regularly.
- Comcity Technology delivered a major Information Technology project for NSS pro bono & continues to provide ongoing support & assistance.
- Housing Choices Australia www.hcau.org.au
NSS has been successful in obtaining support from Microsoft, receiving a large donation of software to support our clients and staff with updated technology.
Other sponsors of NSS include:
- Helen McPherson Trust
- Latrobe Golf Club
- My Connected Community
- Darebin Local Council